February 20, 2012

Creamy Tomato Sauce with Fettuccine and Turkey Sausage

Creamy Tomato Sauce with Fettuccine and Turkey Sausage   
Recipe:                                                           Dinner for 10                                  Cook Time:45 minutes
3 15oz cans of tomato sauce
1 package of Johnsonville turkey sausages
1 1/2 lbs fettuccine
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 whole medium onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt, pepper, and sugar to taste 
2 cups grated Parmesan
dried basil to taste

In a large saute pan heat oil and butter with onions and garlic for about 3-5 minutes.
Add tomato sauce along with salt, pepper, sugar, and basil.
Over low heat let sauce simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta, then drain.
Cook/Grill sausage.
Cut sausage into bite sizes.
Once sauce is done take it off the heat and add the cream and Parmesan. Stir until the Parmesan is melted and sauce becomes orange in color.
In a large bowl combine pasta, sauce, and sausage.
Mix together until pasta is completely coated.
Thoughts
Codi: This sauce is so amazing and addicting. It take a little while to make but it is easy and so so so good! It was a huge hit with my in-laws. I wish I had bread to clean my plate with so I could eat more of the sauce.
Stephen:It was really good. I can't wait to have it again.
What to do different next time?
Well like I said I would make some bread to go with it to get the rest of the sauce on my plate. :) I would like to try different noodles. Once again my husband would like the onion to go through the blender so there are no chunks in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment